Friday 25 February 2011

Home Memories

After talking with my cousins in the philippines I started to listen to music. Then I ran into a song about the philippines "Mama Filipina" by the Black Eyed Peas member Apl de ap.When listening to this song I suddenly found interest because when listening to this song triggered memories from my trip to the Philippines. In the song he talks about the good and bad parts of the Philippines. After listening to this song and remembering the time I spent in the Philippines it opened my eyes to what our people had to go through. Although on first impressions I thought the Philippines was a hell. And for the first week I was there it was. But when I looked around when my relatives were working in the fields. It woke me up to a reality not everyone has a life like my own. But I find the song has a real big meaning not just for filipinos but for other people coming from a country of poverty.

Mama Filipina-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Evfc0dj1RgA

No comments:

Post a Comment